2013 Holiday Gift Basket “Wrap-Up”
Your Guide to Holiday Shopping Online
Trying to get the most out of your money this year? Here are 10 ways to get the best Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Christmas deals online!
Although 2013 has seen its share of economic ups and downs, one thing is certain; there will be plenty activity during the holiday season. Brick and mortar gift basket retailers are preparing for a boost in business, but how about online retailers of gift baskets?
States, holiday celebrations are an inherent
part of American culture, and gifting is the most common ritual during the
season. Shoppers buy gifts which are
traditionally in the form of gift baskets and gift certificates, jewelry,
clothes, books, music, sweets and perfumes.
When asked the reason behind this exchange, the overwhelming response
given was, “to show appreciation.”
Over the years, gifting has become as essential to the holiday season, as the elaborate family dinner. The top five states for gifting are
New York, New Jersey,
Texas, and Florida.
It is no surprise that 4 out of 5 states leading the giving trend are
also amongst the top television markets.
The effect commercial advertisement and media has on consumer spending
is tangible and notable.
Recent data from software giant, Adobe project that peek shopping days like “Cyber Monday” and “Black Friday” will surpass 2012 figures by 15 and 17 percent respectively. As far as online sales, Adobe forecasts that “Cyber Monday” spending will exceed more than $2.27 billion, which will mark the highest single
US online shopping day ever. Last year, “Cyber Monday” spending was
estimated at nearly $1.5 billion.
10 things to consider when shopping online this holiday season:
1) The average gift basket price is $58 plus shipping.
2) Gift Basket promotions started right after Halloween
3) Top gift basket companies will offer incentives for early shoppers
4) A gifts true value is rarely based upon how much it cost
5) Know the trends
6) Plan ahead; this is the easiest way to stay within your budget
7) Keep an accurate account of your spending
8) Create a list of the items you are interested in purchasing and stick to it
9) Use Social Media; great deals are available exclusively online
10) Shop around; a few extra minutes can save you a few $100 dollars
For healthy gift options, here is a list of the Top 5 Fruit Gift Basket online retailers:
Harry and David
Wine Country Gift Baskets